ispace EUROPE, based in Luxembourg, is seeking a talented and dynamic Payload Systems Engineer to join its team.
The vision of ispace is to expand and sustain humanity’s presence in space by developing a lunar economy built on the resources available on the Moon.
ispace EUROPE is the regional office of ispace inc., a Japanese Space company. We are creating the first lunar resource exploration service by developing ispace’s next generation rovers that will prospect for lunar water and other resources. We are a small team, motivated by the challenges of the Lunar Frontier, and determined to achieve the company’s vision.
We invite you to join us on this exciting and once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be a key part of expanding human life into outer space and establishing a new reality where the Earth and the Moon are part of one ecosystem.
The position will be based in Luxembourg and will report to the EU Managing Director. It will closely collaborate with ispace EUROPE’s team members.
Candidates with demonstrated "hands-on" experience in some engineering domains and experience working in all phases of engineering, from requirements elicitation, to design and manufacturing are preferred. Experience interfacing to vendors or payload customers is required.
As Payload Systems Engineer at ispace Europe, you will be responsible for handling all technical aspects of payload accommodation on our existing missions and prepare the pipeline of payloads for future missions.
- Oversee the technical accommodation of payloads on our rovers and landers from requirements definition through verification and validation
- Perform feasibility studies and develop requirements, payload interface documents, statement of work, test procedures, etc with payload customers
- Coordinate with ispace’s engineering and business teams and with the customer’s technical team
- Be responsible for the technical interfaces with payload customers, including progress meetings, documentation generation and update, as well as organization and execution of technical reviews
- Support the planning of effort and resources needed for payload support and integration, including listing deliverables, timelines and milestones.
- Support the creation of new opportunities related to payloads and missions
- Document product descriptions, specs, payload users guides
- Identify, evaluate and pursue new project opportunities from public tenders
- Develop technical content of offers and proposals
- Contribute technical expertise to the execution of studies
- Support business development and sales as technical expert on rover and lander products
- Contribute to the development of ispace product roadmap with inputs from customers, market intelligence, and system modelling
- Establish value-adding processes and tools that enable our company to continue to grow efficiently
- Become conversant with lunar science, the design of planetary science instruments, ISRU processes
- Speak up, identify risks and issues, define and manage mitigations
- Travel occasionally to ispace offices and to vendor and instrument provider locations, represent ispace at events and conferences
What You Need to be Successful
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience within the aerospace industry or equivalent
- Exhibit sound judgement and a deep understanding of systems engineering processes and thinking
- Be organized and capable of autonomously plan and execute complex technical work
- Thrive in multi-disciplinary environment in close cooperation with engineering team, business team, and customers
- Show initiative and a positive can-do attitude
- Be comfortable with change and a fast-paced environment
- Have a strong command of English
How You Can Stand Out
- Experience with hands-on lab, prototyping, and/or AIT work
- Knowledge of mechanical or structural engineering including design for manufacturing
- Knowledge of spacecraft subsystems and interfaces
· Knowledge of instrumentation/sensor physics and/or lunar science
· Experience generating, managing, or controlling requirements
· Experience performing FMECA, reliability analysis, and/or hazard analysis
· Familiarity with spacecraft design and test standards: ECSS, MIL-STD, or similar
This is a full-time position to be filled immediately.
Please attach English Resume and Mandatory Cover Letter when you apply for this position.