Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.Team
The Avionics team is responsible for all aspects of the electrical design on the rocket, from electronics, interconnects, associated mechanical design, testing and initial production of the first 3D printed rocket! This team's scope includes the flight computers, power systems, RF systems, PCB design, autonomous flight safety systems, and telemetry. This team works on complex electrical systems that require modularity and flexibility, and are critical to the successful launch of Terran 1 and beyond!What You’ll Do
What You Need To Know
- Directly manage the Avionics Manufacturing and Production team, including manufacturing engineers, and manufacturing specialists, technicians, and lab manager
- Full ownership of Avionics Production hardware parts and processes, from early design for manufacturing to flight vehicle delivery of harnesses, printed circuit board assemblies (PCBAs), integrated electromechanical box assemblies, and purchased components.
- Drive high quality, high yield, and on-time builds of all avionics components for internal production and from external vendors by working closing with engineering and supply chain
- Review and approve all avionics designs and ensuring proper integration from engineering release to production. Includes management and release of manufacturing BOMs, understanding of alternates/substitutes, and release of work orders to the floor.
- Process improvements and initiatives including part configuration management and logistics
- Ensure production transition from Headquarters1 to Headquarters2 is smooth, non-disruptive and effective.
Nice To Haves But Not Required
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience managing a cross-disciplinary team of technicians and engineers
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing engineering
- Extensive experience interfacing with design engineering, manufacturing, and production personnel.
- Extensive knowledge of manufacturing fundamentals, including but not limited to: GD&T & engineering drawings, mBOM architecting, process plans and work order development, ERP/MES development, issue ticket & resolutions, demand planning, MRP, and fulfillment.
- Highly skilled in task management, resource allocation, and prioritization.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, open-ended environment
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
- Experience with PCBA, wire harness, or other electromechanical assembly production
- Experience working with contract manufacturers
- Experience with electronics component supply chain management
- Experience with quality control process for PCBAs, wire harnesses, and electromechanical assemblies
- Experience building a team and scaling from low volume to higher-volume production
- Experience with process development and new product introduction (NPI)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.