One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
The Viasat Customer Experience Research & Design team are looking for an up-and-coming design leader to help grow our team and guide design of our current and future product portfolio.
In this position you will be engaged across a variety of products, from consumer-facing apps and services to enterprise grade software. You will crystallize the problem space and guide the team to research, ideate and produce delightful customer experiences, outcomes and solutions. This role requires the ability to work at the macro big picture level whilst always maintaining a keen eye on the details. Additionally this position requires you to take hands on responsibility managing and mentoring team members, helping the team to grow and flourish. Working closely with Viasat design leadership you will help to establish the culture, strategy and direction for our design team.Responsibilities
- Experience in creative leadership and people management, in coaching designers at all levels.
- Experience partnering with Product, Engineering and Commercial leaders to define the product process, making Agile UX understood and implemented.
- Experience building user-centered products, and making sure the customer is represented at all phases of development.
- Experience leading design teams to both explore new features and iterate existing ones at pace.
- The knowledge that your success is linked to the team’s.
- Experience directing and leading teams to deliver great customer centric products.
- Experience leading multiple design squads at the same time, providing direction and support at different stages of the process concurrently.
- Expertise in both Research and Design standard methodologies.
- Experience delivering mass market consumer products, across multiple countries.
- Minimum of 8 years experience where you led teams of designers and researchers in a fast-growing environment, hiring and managing performance.
- Managing the teams in product discovery, design, and deployment phases.
- Develop team plans and priorities, holding them accountable for outputs and outcomes.
- Measure the impact and outcomes of the team and communicate appropriately.
- Partner with leaders of other functions (Eng, Product Management, Care, Sales, Analytics, etc.) to help ensure teams are working together effectively.
- Motivate and inspire the team to grow, learn, succeed, and do their best work.
- Shape our hiring plan for new designers and the development plans for current team members.
- Build a solid understanding of the commercial dynamics and how design can help drive business success.
- Influence product vision, strategy and execution by integrating design best practices into product development.
- Brief 3rd party agencies/contractors around specific projects and oversee their work.
- Collaborate closely with other Design leaders (across other business areas) to evolve the global Product Design function, our culture, structure, processes, and “ways of working”.
- Be able to share a portfolio which shows your ability to move a team forward utilizing sound design practices.
Executive Order for Government Contractors becomes effective, this role may require vaccinations. In such instance, absent an approved accommodation based on a religious or medical reason, employees in this role will be required to be fully vaccinated no later than applicable deadlines, which are unknown at this point. Viasat will strive to give individuals as much notice as practicable if a vaccine mandate becomes applicable to this role.
At Viasat, we consider many factors when it comes to compensation, including the scope of the position as well as your background and experience. For Colorado-based jobs only: The minimum for this position is $175,800 annually; however, base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Additional cash or stock incentives may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Learn more about Viasat’s comprehensive benefit offerings that are focused on your holistic health and wellness.