ROLE OVERVIEW AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
We are looking for a Technical Sales Engineer with experience in the space industry to join out sales team.
As a Technical Sales Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Stimulating and developing leads;
- Ensuring future potential customers are aware of In-Space capabilities and services;
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with customers;
- Understanding the customer’s needs and working with them to shape the offering so that In-Space's capabilities can satisfy their needs;
- Being part of the bid review process and ensuring that the bid meets the customer’s requirements and budget;
- Bringing in knowledge of the industry/ market to ensure we pursue appropriate leads;
- Maintaining customer account planning to ensure customer satisfaction and retention;
- Understanding the market strategy and sales plan;
- Owning the entire sales lifecycle for your customers and ensure accurate sales data is maintained;
- Acting as the customer’s account manager and point of escalation throughout the project life cycle;
- Supporting the marketing team by attending relevant exhibitions, conferences and events
This role will require national and international travel
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR: EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- A degree or equivalent experience in Engineering with an emphasis on system engineering;
- A good technical understanding enabling you to discuss and present technical aspects of our products and communicate customer requirements to our engineers;
- Enthusiasm to move into an external facing sales role;
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication and listening skills
-Experience of working in small teams and building relationships with individuals from varying backgrounds and knowledge of cultural differences
- Space industry experience & understanding
- Excellent organisation skills
In-Space Missions Ltd is an innovative and exciting space company operating out of dedicated satellite manufacturing facilities in Alton, Hampshire, UK. In-Space has a fun and dedicated team who value hard work, a positive attitude and solution-focused thinking. We welcome applicants who will embrace their role and take responsibility for their work. Working in a small company needs flexibility which works both ways, ensuring that everyone has a good work-life balance.
In September 2021, In-Space was delighted to announce its acquisition by BAE Systems and the company continues to work as a separate legal entity and business unit with close links into its new parent.
In-Space has a close-knit and supportive team, with diversity and inclusion being a key to our success. This year we are looking to rapidly expand our team so we can deliver our growing order book whilst maintaining our small company ethos and agility, something which is at the heart of our culture. We welcome and enjoy varying backgrounds, skills, perspectives and life experiences.
10% Group Personal Pension contribution. Private Healthcare (Subject to eligibility). Travel Insurance. 30 days leave. Access to the BAE SIP.