We are looking for a Satellite System Engineer to work in the Rome area in Italy on a fascinating project of the European Space Agency. The deadline for submitting applications is 14 July 2022.
The successful applicant will be employed by ATG Europe and not by our Client.
The successful candidate will be tasked with, but not limited to:
- Support the definition and monitoring of activities for the implementation of the upstream, downstream and services elements of the Earth Observation Component;
- Contributing to ensure the technical coherency of the system design, including, as needed, functional analysis and design, overall system concept, system level budgets management, system performance analyses, definition of subsystems and related data processing, and interfaces management;
- Coordination with the Program Manager, Unit Heads, and Subsystem System Engineers;
- Technical responsibility for system level activities;
- Generation of the system engineering plan, design and development plan, and verification plan;
- Supporting the definition of mission and operations deadlines;
- Definition and management of technical requirements and specifications;
- Lead the preparation of technical documentation for reviews with the customers, subcontractors, and suppliers;
- Support AIT, AIV and qualification activities;
- Support for NRB, CCB, and PCB;
- Support for risk assessment;
- Participate in review milestones by critically reviewing technical documentation related to the system and subsystems and by supporting subsequent discussions on the findings by providing specialist knowledge. This task shall be performed in coordination with specialist engineering support as well as dedicated AIT/AIV support;
- Coordinate the review of Flight Operations Manuals and Flight Operations Procedures;
- Coordinate the review of Verification Control Documents and coordinate specific Verification Control Boards;
- Support the validation of the Flight Operations Procedures, provide assistance and coordination to the preparations and execution of the System Validation Tests;
- Participate to the simulations campaigns in preparation of LEOP and Commissioning activities and coordinate participation of specialist engineering support from TEC;
- Support the satellite launch campaign;
- Support the preparation and execution of the LEOP and Commissioning phases as well as preparation for the routine operations phase.