We are a diverse team of collaborators, doers, and problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to a culture of safety. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable space flight. Join us in lowering the cost of access to space and enabling Blue Origin’s vision of millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth.
As part of a hardworking team of diverse engineers, you will oversee the development and integration of main propulsion for various spaceflight systems using cryogenic propellants. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of the development of the engines and their integration into the vehicle. This will include management of schedules and development progress of the supplier as well as interfacing with other systems in the integration of multiple engines models. The successful candidate will have experience integrating cryogenic systems and rocket engines into launch class rocket vehicles. They will also have experience leading teams and interfacing with suppliers of major components. Finally, the ability to produce steady results in a rapidly changing and dynamic environment is a must. Daily activities will include frequent meetings and schedule updates as well as in depth technical reviews and discussions. As the owner for the primary, secondary and tertiary propulsion on the vehicle is up to you to make a difference and help the team achieve success. The success of the team is rooted in honesty, integrity and flexibility with a requirement for the highest standards of professionalism.
We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required!Qualifications
- 15+ years of experience or equivalent advanced degree, experience and demonstrated expertise.
- Work with internal and external customers and stakeholders to mature cryogenic rocket engine development for launch vehicle applications.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of existing liquid rocket engine systems and components such as: combustion devices, turbomachinery, valves, nozzles, ancillary systems, and overall engine operation.
- Skill with integration of rocket engine in vehicles including definition of the requirements and definition of the physical, fluid, thermal and electrical interfaces throughout its life cycle.
- Lead project planning process and business processes for reviews, approvals and project execution.
- Provide mentorship and coordination across a diverse team consisting of internal and external partners.
- Ability to keep commitments and place team performance as the primary objective.
- Use written, verbal and visual communication skills to effectively deliver results.
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in appropriate engineering or scientific field of study.
- Ability to effectively collaborate on multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams.
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Washington Fair Chance Act, Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws.
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
- 20+ years of experience developing and leading cryogenic engine development and integration in addition to education
- Advanced degree applicable to propulsion systems in Aerospace Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- Liquid rocket engine experience in concept, design, development, test, and flight operations.
- Experience with engineering tools such as: CAD (Creo Pro/E preffered), FEA (ANSYS preferred), CFD (CFD++ and CRUNCH preferred), and system power balance and dynamic simulation (ROCETS and Amesim preferred).
- Project management experience using collaboration tools such as Confluence and JIRA
- Experience with cryogenic fluids, storable propellants, combustion dynamics, and super alloy materials
The expected salary range for the position is displayed in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience.
Estimated salary wage (Colorado only): $160K- $240K
Export Control Regulations
Applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here and here.
Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Washington Fair Chance Act, Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws.Affirmative Action and Disability Accommodation
Applicants wishing to receive information on Blue Origin’s Affirmative Action Plans, or applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application and/or interview process, please contact us at EEOCompliance@blueorigin.com.Benefits
Employee Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability and 401(k) with up to 5% company match.
Paid Time Off: Provides up to 4 weeks per year, in addition to 14 holidays