We are a diverse team of collaborators, doers, and problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to a culture of safety. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable space flight. Join us in lowering the cost of access to space and enabling Blue Origin’s vision of millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth.
As part of a diverse and hardworking team of professionals, you will develop and manage system safety products for the first stage of the New Glenn Launch Vehicle. You must have a passion for mission assurance, a commitment to the fundamentals of system safety, and a strong capacity to work collaboratively on sophisticated and exciting new problems. You will support system engineering practices across disciplines to develop, allocate, manage, and verify requirements and interfaces. You will work across subsystems and support integrated solutions to achieve our vision of “millions of people living and working in space.” This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required!Responsibilities
Support launch vehicle project leads by carrying out systems engineering activities in accordance with Blue Origin standards and practices, engaging in tailoring required processes to complete tasks assigned including:
- Evaluate and perform reviews of system safety analyses including:
- Functional Hazard Assessments (FHA)
- Fault Tree Analyses (FTA)
- Failure Mode, Effects, and Criticality Analyses (FMECAs)
- Common Cause Assessments (CCAs)
- Work with systems engineering and subsystem responsible engineers to identify and verify compliance with system safety requirements
- Develop requirement verification plans and strategies to complete verification of requirements
- Requirements authoring, decomposition, and traceability
- Develop and mature Concept of Operations
- Implement system safety processes and identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Participate in actively maintaining a healthy system safety culture
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Aerospace engineering or other technical field
- 5+ years systems engineering experience with system safety or reliability engineering experience performing FHAs, FMEAs/FMECAs, FTAs, and CCAs
- Strong system safety and mission assurance fundamentals
- System approach and aptitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively in teams as well as lead teams
- Demonstrated configuration management experience
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- 7+ years aerospace systems engineering experience with 3+ years system safety or reliability engineering experience performing FHAs, FMEAs/FMECAs, FTAs, and CCAs
- Experience with systems engineering tools such as IBM DOORS Next Gen (DNG) Requirements Management (RM) and Rational Quality Manager (QM)
- Experience with PTC Quality Solutions
- Experience using PTC Creo and Windchill
- Experience with Atlassian toolset collaboration tools such as Confluence and JIRA
- Experience with a variety of complex aerospace or launch vehicle systems
- System integration experience, preferably with aerospace hardware
- Knowledge of current systems engineering processes and methodologies
- Experience performing system safety compliance assessments against the following external standards: Range Safety, NASA, FAA, MIL-STD-882, or ARP-4761.
The expected salary range for the position is displayed in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience.
Estimated salary wage (Colorado only) $90K - $135KExport Control Regulations
Applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here and here.
Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Washington Fair Chance Act, Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws.Affirmative Action and Disability Accommodation
Applicants wishing to receive information on Blue Origin’s Affirmative Action Plans, or applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application and/or interview process, please contact us at EEOCompliance@blueorigin.com.Benefits
Employee Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability and 401(k) with up to 5% company match.
Paid Time Off: Provides up to 4 weeks per year, in addition to 14 holidays