About The Company
Interstellar Lab designs and builds systems to help life thrive on Earth and expand in space. It specializes in developing environment-controlled pods and systems that create ideal conditions for plants to grow on Earth, in LEO, on the Moon, and on Mars. Its solutions are used from sustainable farming and biodiversity conservation on Earth to astronaut life-support and food production in space. It was founded in September 2018 by entrepreneur Barbara Belvisi and now encompasses a team of over 30 engineers, scientists, and designers dedicating their time to helping life become multi-planetary.
Interstellar Lab is currently located in Paris, Los Angeles, Cape Canaveral, and Houston. We are constantly on the lookout for people passionate about aerospace, environmental science, sustainability, and cutting-edge technology.
About The Role
As our Business Development Associate, you will serve an integral role in securing, maintaining, and growing the customer base for Interstellar Lab's terrestrial, low Earth orbit, and lunar product line with thoughtful outreach (phone, email, and LinkedIn) and exceptional service to potential clients. Working on a new and growing team, you will be identifying and developing new revenue opportunities and, ultimately, growing the revenue of these successful new products.
He/she is an organized, proactive thinker who enthusiastically wants to help generate and increase new business opportunities. This opportunity will allow you to play a significant role in shaping new revenue opportunities and helping support management on business and sales related projects.
- Drive new business projects within the operations, business development, and expansion teams
- Assist in the development of presentations and documents for business development and customer outreach needs
- Work to boost the sales of our terrestrial, low Earth orbit, and lunar product line
- Focus on implementation and ongoing improvement of our processes
- Work closely with the CEO and Business Development Manager to tackle the scalability of the business model with innovative solutions
- Develop and document standard processes and best practices
- Analyze and prepare data within our business development pipeline
- Work on high profile business projects while still being in the dirt of day-to-day operations
- Track different federal and state grant opportunities for Interstellar Lab and/or our customers to apply for
- Draft proposals for different governmental opportunities within state and federal governments
- QualificationsBachelor's degree or higher
- 3+ years of startup experience
- Experience selling products or services
- Proven customer service experience
- Experience managing sales pipelines including researching, prospecting new business leads, outbound outreach, and organizing inbound interest
- Thoughtful about strategy and metrics you set and also can hustle and execute on those plans
- Detail-oriented with strong time management skills and an ability to prioritize effectively
- Strong project management skills and sales fundamentals
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Eager for and receptive to feedback
- Comfortable developing and maintaining partner and prospective partner relationships
- Intermediate design skills
- Experience working in or knowledge of the cosmetic or pharmaceutical space
- Experience building partnerships within the technology/startup space
- Proficiency in English and French
- Intermediate design skills
Interstellar Lab is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Interstellar Lab does not discriminate on the basis of race, regional color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.