We are a diverse team of collaborators, doers, and problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to a culture of safety. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedication and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable space flight. Join us in lowering the cost of access to space and enabling Blue Origin’s vision of millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth.
We are a nimble and accomplished team of specialists that supports the Blue Engines business unit and its development, delivery, and sustainment of all its engines. Within the Blue Engines Analytics Reporting & Software team you will apply your technical creativity and consultative skills across the Blue Engines business unit. You will play a meaningful role in ensuring that the solutions we deliver as a team drives efficiency and optimally aligns with the needs of our business customers and business processes.Responsibilities
- Proficiency in standard methodologies for information architecture and interaction design, user-centered design processes, and a solid knowledge of UX principles and techniques
- Build user flows, wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity mockups, and detailed UI and visual design specifications
- Understand target users deeply: develop or work from user profiles & conduct task analysis, build user scenarios or user stories, help to create and analyze user research
- Request and drive user research/usability tests as needed. Ability to conduct research on your own or lead a contractor to provide these services
- Present design work to the product team, engineering team, business partners and executives for review and feedback
- Contribute to user interface design and development methods and standards at Blue Origin
- Qualified candidate will have a bachelor’s degree, bootcamp, or equivalent years (5+) of experience as a UX/UI Product Designer and Researcher
- Can be located in one of the following Blue locations: Los Angeles - CA, Kent - WA, Huntsville - AL or Cape Canaveral - FL.
- Experience working in variety of design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, Invision, and Adobe CC
- Ability to work in a collaborative team and working directly with product managers and developers from concept to implementation
- Experience in a highly agile/scrum environment
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills; the ability to communicate sophisticated concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Passion for our mission: Millions of people living and working in space!
- Be proficient in a design and prototyping toolset
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Relevant work experience in building enterprise level software
- Familiarity with technical aspects of UX across mobile, web, and devices
- Knowledge of statistics/probability and visualizations
- Experience with Flask/Python/Jinja backend for integration purposes
- Knowledge of AWS tech stacks
- Experience developing UX/UI for Business Intelligence and R
To conform to U.S. Government commercial space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), 8 U.S.C.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- 1324b(a)(3), applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, lawfully admitted for permanent residence into the U.S. (i.e. current green card holder), or lawfully admitted as a refugee or granted asylum under 8 U.S.C.
- 1157-1158. Learn more about the ITAR here.
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here and here.
Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Washington Fair Chance Act, Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws.Affirmative Action and Disability Accommodation
Applicants wishing to receive information on Blue Origin’s Affirmative Action Plans, or applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application and/or interview process, please contact us at EEOCompliance@blueorigin.com.Benefits
Employee Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability and 401(k) with up to 5% company match.
Paid Time Off: Provides up to 4 weeks per year, in addition to 11 holidays