About The Company
Interstellar Lab believes that becoming a multi-planet species is one of the most exciting futures we can dream of for humanity. Yet, what is the point of bringing life to another planet if we cannot protect life on Earth? At Interstellar Lab, we design and build structures where life thrives, on Earth and in space. We develop deployable environment-controlled modules and pods through space exploration design approaches. We create ideal conditions for plants to grow on Earth, in LEO, on the Moon, and on Mars - from sustainable farming and biodiversity conservation on Earth to astronaut life-support and food production in space.
Interstellar Lab is currently located in Paris and Los Angeles and is constantly on the lookout for people with a passion for aerospace, environmental science, sustainability, and cutting-edge technology. Meet the current team on Linkedin.
About The Role
As part of a passionate team, you will develop and execute messaging, media relations, social media campaigns, and manage content for cross-platform communication. Hands-on and pro-active, you will develop and promote Interstellar Lab's story and product line. In this role you will have the opportunity to relate our message of on how space exploration can help us on Earth right now; how using space settlement approach is helping to find solutions for food production and life preservation on Earth. This position requires hard work, passion, dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards both environmental and space exploration innovation and news. You will directly work and report to CEO and CPO.
- Strategize and execute company external communication strategy
- Develop and maintain relationships with press
- Respond to and manage media inquiries
- Pitch stories to the press
- Write talking points, executive speeches, FAQs, presentations and other content
- Contribute ideas to our media strategy across all business lines
- Create, plan and execute media events and campaigns
- Represent Interstellar Lab at public events, manage speaking engagements, and liaise with the media
- Provide planning, execution, and tracking for PR/Communication projects
- Publish to social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat)
- Art direct and procure imagery and video for press kits or digital content
- Keep calendars (editorial, press conferences, events etc.) and media lists
- Execute communications programs in support of events and conferences
- Ensure media coverage is accurate and fact check
- B.S./MsC degree in communications, marketing, public relations or equivalent
- 5 years of proven experience in public relations, ideally in aerospace, technology, cleantech or a related industry
- Excellent communications skills, including creative writing and verbal
- Ability to dive deep, working both independently and as part of a team
- Skilled at planning, organizing, prioritizing, and executing simultaneous projects
- High judgment, endless energy, and creativity
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamic work environment
- A self-starter with passion for the industry
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Graphic design and/or photography
- Government affairs experience
Interstellar Lab is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Interstellar Lab does not discriminate on the basis of race, regional color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.