Your role in helping us shape the future:
At Intelsat Inflight, we are bringing the power of connectivity to airlines and their passengers all over the world. As a UX Designer at Intelsat, you will collaborate with other designers, product managers, and engineers to evolve our passenger-facing in-air web portal and the tools that support it. You are a passionate advocate for the user, skilled in envisioning the ideal solution and the journey to achieve it in iterations over time. You are flexible, collaborative and open-minded as well as willing to share and discuss your point-of-view based on your expertise.
At Intelsat, you will conduct research and meet with airlines and passengers to understand how our products are used in context, capturing ideas on how to improve them. After partnering with product and engineering to determine business value, you will work with Agile teams to create concepts to help scope the effort and outcome. You will develop wireframes and prototypes for the best concepts. Your concepts will vary to account for multiple configurations and partners who operate in multiple locales. Along the way, you will check-in with peers, stakeholders and end-users. As development progresses, you will refine the designs based on learnings from technology and business, while maintaining focus on the user benefits.
While a typical day involves detailed design and validation with development as noted above, you will also participate on projects across the organization. You will help conduct workshops to inform the product roadmap, dialogue with sales, accounts, and marketing to frame the products, engage with system engineering to weld the stack together, work with Customer Care to understand passenger pain points and much more.
We are a small team looking for a candidate willing to jump in head-first and also join us in shaping the department and organization. Are you up to the challenge?
You should definitely have:
- Design early-stage concepts, wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, copywriting, and interactive prototypes for development, QA and product management under direction from team leadership.
- Develop a deep understanding of passenger behavior and how it varies in flight by conducting user research, stakeholder inquiries, and applying other user and task analysis methods.
- Use quantitative and qualitative data to validate that software releases achieve intended goals
- Partner with product throughout the Scaled Agile Framework lifecycle to define new product initiatives that are informed by customer and passenger goals
- Support writing of features and stories and provide research data as needed.
- Support development planning efforts by creating and explaining concepts, refining stories, and estimating work remaining while highlighting any risks to completion.
It would be nice if you had:
- 3-6 years of experience as an UX designer, interaction designer, experience designer, or similar role
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build out design concepts using Sketch, Figma or similar design applications
- Experienced writing, conducting, and reporting on face-to-face and remote usability tests and other qualitative research methods
- Experienced presenting to internal and external constituents
- Strong understanding of current web/mobile standards and conventions
What it’s like to work with us:
- BA or MBA in design field
- Airline or travel industry work experience
- Experience in global design, localization, and accessibility
- Familiar with agile development methodologies and experience working with agile teams
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite and inflight connectivity landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Flexible work arrangements
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
As the foundational architects of satellite technology, we apply our expertise to develop breakthrough solutions that advance and secure boundless applications for our customers and partners.
At Intelsat, we increase human potential by connecting people, communities, businesses, and governments. Our employees enjoy a casual and collaborative environment, where we celebrate professional excellence in pursuit of the corporate mission. We hire skilled professionals who work in various areas such as: satellite engineering, network operations, cloud architecture, accounting, sales, legal, and more. Browse our current job openings or create a professional profile to stay informed about opportunities that match your interests and expertise.