EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite communication solutions. Headquartered in Englewood, Colo., and conducting business around the globe, EchoStar is a pioneer in communications technologies through its Hughes Network Systems and EchoStar Satellite Services business segments. For more information, visit echostar.com. Follow @EchoStar on Twitter.
If you are Innovative, Passionate, and Good at what you do – And, Hughes wants you to make a positive impact on our customers and industry. We are looking to disrupt the enterprise network and digital media space with ambitious individuals like yourself, to bring new services and solutions to market, as efficiently and promptly as possible. You’ll have opportunities to work with dynamic teams, grow your influence / knowledge, and advance your career.
Hughes has an exciting opportunity for a UI/UX Designer to be involved with the design and creation of product offerings to serve enterprise, franchise, and government opportunities. This position is located in American Fork, UT.Responsibilities
- Perform user research, perform usability testing, design feature concepts, create visual designs, and implement design systems that the engineering teams will use to create awesome products
- Work with product management and engineering teams to build world-class solutions that our customers will love
- Engage with internal stakeholders, partners, and key customers to understand desired product functionality
- Work closely with product management and development engineering to prototype new solutions
- Present designs and work with the product team to arrive at the best possible solution to thrill our customers
- Explore new ways when initial attempts did not furnish desired results
- Communicate complex ideas to different audiences based upon their knowledge level
- Connect with internal and external customers to understand their needs and take joy in the journey to seeing their issues and problems resolved
- Work with a diverse set of individuals to drive towards a common goal, humility when needing to seek assistance, develop long-lasting relationships
- Bachelor’s degree In Computer Science, graphic design, web design or similar field
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Travel: 5%-10%
- Functional knowledge of design and prototyping tools including Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Figma, Sketch
- Portfolio of work to demonstrate prior experience
- Experience working with desktop, mobile, and TV-based interfaces
- Familiar with Agile Development framework
- Solid understanding of database concepts
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
Will be eligible for discretionary bonus, with funding based on company performance.
EchoStar is committed to offering a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our programs are designed to provide you with the ability to customize your benefits to best meet the needs of you and your family. Our philosophy for these programs is to support and encourage healthy living and wellness. Our benefits package covers it all–from healthcare savings plans to education assistance and more!
- Financial: 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match; employee stock purchase plan; profit-sharing; company-paid life insurance, AD&D and disability
- Work-Life Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO), company-paid holidays, health and wellness events, exercise and sports facilities (locations may vary)
- Employee Incentives: Tuition reimbursement, employee referral program, year round employee events and community programs, discounts on Dish Network and HughesNet
- Health: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health Savings Account (HSA) with opportunities to earn employer contributions; Health Care, Dependent Care and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Persons or those able to obtain and maintain U.S. government security clearances may be required for certain positions. EEO is the law.