EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite communication solutions. Headquartered in Englewood, Colo., and conducting business around the globe, EchoStar is a pioneer in communications technologies through its Hughes Network Systems and EchoStar Satellite Services business segments. For more information, visit echostar.com. Follow @EchoStar on Twitter.Job Description
Hughes has an exciting opportunity for an Entry Level Digital Design Engineer to join our Hardware Engineering team. This position will be located at our headquarters in Germantown, MD.
At Hughes we are developing some of the largest and most powerful satellite and terrestrial IP-based communications systems in the world. Our ground segment group in Germantown, Maryland has the need for hardware engineering professionals to help us achieve our vision of providing broadband connectivity everywhere.Responsibilities
- Design and develop innovative hardware solutions for satellite and terrestrial IP-based communications systems in the areas of circuit board, digital communications, and packaging design
- Participate in a multi-functional engineering team environment to develop and integrate hardware, software, and network technology for products and systems
- Contribute to all aspects of the product life cycle (concept, development, integration, qualification, acceptance, delivery, and maintenance)
- Work effectively across multiple corporate functions including business groups, Engineering, manufacturing, and field support
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Coursework in Digital/Analog circuit design, Digital Signal Processing, or Communications Theory
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Knowledge of System Integrity & Power Integrity analysis
- Knowledge of Micro-controller coding
- Knowledge in Electronics Packaging
Will be eligible for discretionary bonus, with funding based on company performance.
EchoStar is committed to offering a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our programs are designed to provide you with the ability to customize your benefits to best meet the needs of you and your family. Our philosophy for these programs is to support and encourage healthy living and wellness. Our benefits package covers it all–from healthcare savings plans to education assistance and more!
- Financial: 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match; employee stock purchase plan; profit-sharing; company-paid life insurance, AD&D and disability
- Work-Life Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO), company-paid holidays, health and wellness events, exercise and sports facilities (locations may vary)
- Employee Incentives: Tuition reimbursement, employee referral program, year round employee events and community programs, discounts on Dish Network and HughesNet
- Health: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health Savings Account (HSA) with opportunities to earn employer contributions; Health Care, Dependent Care and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Persons or those able to obtain and maintain U.S. government security clearances may be required for certain positions. EEO is the law.