Those who email their portfolio directly to firstname.lastname@example.org are more likely to be considered.
Astroscale is the first private company with a vision to secure the safe and sustainable development of space for the benefit of future generations, and the only company solely dedicated to on-orbit servicing across all orbits.
Founded in 2013, Astroscale is developing innovative and scalable solutions across the spectrum of on-orbit servicing missions, including life extension, in-situ space situational awareness, end-of-life services, and active debris removal, to create sustainable space systems and mitigate the growing and hazardous buildup of debris in space. Astroscale is defining business cases and working with government and commercial stakeholders to develop norms, regulations, and incentives for the responsible use of space.
Headquartered in Japan, Astroscale has an international presence with subsidiaries in the United Kingdom, the United States, Israel, and Singapore. Astroscale is a rapidly expanding venture company, working to advance safe and stable growth in space and solve a growing environmental concern. End of Life Services by Astroscale-demonstration (ELSA-d), the company’s first on-orbit demonstration of debris capture and removal, launched in March 2021.
Astroscale U.S. Inc. is currently seeking a Graphic Designer to join our team in our Denver, Colorado location. Local applicants are preferred for this hybrid role. Remote applicants with the right qualifications will be considered.
In this role you will take conceptual ideas and create visual representations, both in print and digital media.
To apply: Email your resume and portfolio to email@example.com with Graphic Designer in the subject line. The application deadline is June 24, 2022
The salary range for this position is $64-80k annually, dependent on experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Create visual concepts to communicate information in the form of online media (social media assets, infographics, PowerPoint slides, web imagery) and print (conference booth designs, handouts, Astroscale merchandise).
- Help make design choices (e.g., fonts and colors) for all content the company produces.
- Coordinate with internal teams, reporting to Marketing & Communications, in the design concept phase through completion of a project.
- Projects including but not limited to business proposals, policy documents, and program engineering assets.
Qualifications & Skills
- Collaborative communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Experienced professional with at least 2 years of experience ingraphic design. Aerospace industry or technical product experience a plus!
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in graphic design, art, or similar discipline.
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Nice to have: Familiarity with video editing.
- Understanding of the printing process and specifications.
- Familiarity with production and rendering methods, including drawing, offset printing, photography, interactive media.
Please note Astroscale U.S. is a U.S. Government registered, export control compliant company, as such applicants should be a U.S. person or U.S. citizen.
Astroscale U.S. is committed to creating a diverse environment and we pursue and embrace a variety of thinking, beliefs, and ways of life that are international, open-minded