We are currently seeking a Senior Design Thinkerto work with technical specialists, business experts, and end-users, blazing the trail in the space industry with a needs-driven rather than technology-pushed approach to application development. The User Centred Design Team at the Catapult bridges the gap between technical specialists, business experts, and end-users, blazing the trail in the space industry with a needs-driven rather than technology-pushed approach to application development. Our work ranges from user experience design to service design and strategy.
We are looking for a "doer" who wants to see change happen in the world. You believe that User-centred Design is an essential tool in making change happen. Our Senior Design Thinkers act as a translator, encouraging and facilitating disparate groups with differing skills, values, and approaches to work together.
This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines. It requiresdemonstrable experience in service design or related areas. Location is flexible with our principal offices in Harwell Oxfordshire.
- Scope, plan and deliver design research and service design projects.
- Design and facilitate creative workshops bringing together multiple stakeholders
- Carry out synthesis and analysis of user research and communicate results to relevant stakeholders
- Work with stakeholders to develop and evaluate concepts based on user requirements.
- Manage internal and stakeholder engagement, e.g. liaising with project managers, data analysts, business analysts and end user-communities.
- Develop and contribute to the User-centred Design teams’ tools and processes.
Skills & Experience required:
- You have demonstrable experience in one or more of the following design-related areas: service, interaction, UX, strategy.
- You have experience in planning, scoping, and delivering design research and service design projects.
- You can comfortably express yourself and your ideas with your preferred tools (e.g., Adobe Creative Cloud, Miro).
- You can explain why understanding need is essential to creating a sustainable solution, where sustainable doesn’t just mean green.
- You know what User-centred Design and Design Thinking means and have experience using them.
- You are self-driven, organised, and able to motivate others.
- You can work with a range of internal and external stakeholders e.g., project managers, data analysts, business analysts and end user communities.
- You are confident to design and facilitate creative workshops bringing together multiple stakeholders.
Nice to have
- You have worked with technical teams to deliver digital service projects from inception to delivery.
- You are entrepreneurial and either understand or are keen to learn how to create a sustainable business case.
- You prototype as proof of concept, work visually as much as possible.