Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.About The Role
The Proposal Specialist will support the Proposal Manager and the broader Sales team to drive forward solicited and unsolicited proposals, deal review committees, win wires, and vendor registration. For this role, you can translate your expertise in these areas into world class and timely proposal responses, content development, reporting, and sales enablement materials. You will collaborate across our sales, finance, operations, legal, and product teams and work closely with engineering and program management.
The key responsibilities include writing, editing, and formatting solicited and unsolicited proposals; editing, formatting, and organizing win wires; facilitating deal review committee scheduling and communication; and owning the vendor registration process. You will support the Proposal Manager with content development and management, proposal coordination and submission, and sales enablement. In addition, you will work with Sales and Technical SMEs to articulate Planet product features and benefits to customers.Impact You’ll Own
What You Bring
- Work with Sales, Operations and the Product Team to create and drive proposal generation and client facing documentation
- Work with the Sales and Marketing teams to create and manage world-class content and enablement materials
- Become a go-to resource for Sales with regards to up-to-date sales content, vendor registration process, deal committee scheduling, and win wire process
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Sales, Product, Marketing, Legal, Finance, and Engineering teams
What Makes You Stand Out
- 3 - 4 years experience in proposal and/or grants preparation and coordination, product marketing, technical writing, communications or business strategy and development
- Experience developing customer facing documentation including: white-papers, proposals, and presentations
- Flexibility and willingness to step outside of traditional roles as needed in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience with RFP Response Management Software, e.g. Loopio or RFPIO
- Advanced knowledge in the use of content development tools including Google Workspace, Microsoft Office, and Adobe products
- Familiarity with CRM tracking, reports, and dashboards
- Experience working with cloud storage, imagery or with geographical information systems
- Experience supporting geographically diverse teams
- Must have the ability to multitask and meet short timelines/deadlines; at times have the ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends., and holidays to meet proposal deadlines and support global team
- Experience with government proposals
- Native German speaker
- Demonstrated success working directly with customers and users
- Experience supporting complex government, academic, and/or enterprise level proposals and use cases
- Graphic design and development experience
- Project management experience
- APMP certification
- Language capabilities - Spanish, French, Russian, and/or Arabic
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Be part of a vibrant international company of 45+ nationalities with office locations in different countries
- Sense of belonging in a diverse and inclusive culture
- Experience a fast-paced spacetech environment
- Countless opportunities to connect within and outside of work with regular team events
- Personal development with annual L&D budget
- Join our regular hack-weeks and meetup events to exchange knowledge
- Employee Resource Groups that provide safe and empowering spaces for connection and mentorship
- Give back to the community by using one day per quarter for charitable work as part of our 1% Pledge
- Health programs and flexible working hours to support work life balance
- Be part of our growth: we offer RSUs for our employees
- Daily virtual mindful bodywork sessions to stay healthy
- We offer equipment and wellbeing support during these challenging times
Some Press About Us
- Enjoy a spacious central office located in U/S-bahn Zoologischer Garten
- Employees’ well-being is our top priority: on site massages, snacks, fruits, drinks and company lunches
- Additional contributions to Company Pension schemes
- Enjoy unique offers and discounts for companies/web shops
- Additional Company Holidays
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
“Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth”
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
“Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace” —Planet BlogWhy We Care So Much About Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.